The One

Seek and ye shall find. Whether you are looking for love or buying a house, the whole notion of finding ‘the one’ has been drilled into us since we were kids. But as nice as this statement of motivation is, when is enough searching enough? How many hours do we have to spend before we give up on the soulmate and just settle? Before I go any further let me clarify that I’m talking about clothes and my pursuit of happiness – in particularly the camel coat. I’ve spent countless hours, days and when I think about it, even years (5 to be exact) trying to locate the perfect camel coat. In fact I think it is easier to find a man than find a calf length cashmere blend double breasted overcoat.

Sadly, the older I get, the less patient I have been, I’ve stumbled and ‘settled’ on versions only to get over them 3 months later when winter demanded we got serious about warm clothing and I have finally identified every possible flaw these substitutes had. Although I have an amazing range of other coats (especially from Paul Smith) I still have not been able to secure that longed for camel coat – the one who seems to get away season after season. But alas, I can happily say that this winter I have found my camel coat, the one I want to spend the rest of my winters with thanks to Acne Studios. Chic, minimal and classic, the camel coat is the perfect companion in my option for lifting an outfit out from the dark depths of winter and raising it to new heights of bliss. So now that I have found ‘my one’, the only cruising I will be doing is my Pieter knit.

Acne Camel Cashmere coatet

Acne Camel Cashmere coat

Acne Camel Cashmere coat

Acne Camel Cashmere coat

Acne Camel Cashmere coat

Acne Camel Cashmere coat

Acne Camel Cashmere coat

Acne Camel Cashmere coat

Coat Acne Studios, knitted jumper Pieter, shirt Polo Ralph Lauren, trousers Whistles, trainers Common Projects, bag Balenciaga

22 Comments

1. January 25, 2017 / 1:25 pm

Haha, I actually laughed out loud when I read about the only thing you’d be doing from now on is with your Pieter knit. With that said I must compliment you on a stunning jacket from ACNE. They are known to make beautiful minimalist garments, but this camel coat in particular is gorgeous. Too bad for me you already snatched it so I suppose my cruising will still be going on to find the one.

• January 25, 2017 / 3:58 pm

I’m glad that made you laugh! Oh and happy cruising by the way, hope you find what you are looking for!

2. January 25, 2017 / 4:38 pm

I was very curious after the Insta announcement and had to see ‘the one’ ha ha and I can understand why you’re in love. I adore the coat and it looks like you’ve found your match.

3. January 25, 2017 / 6:18 pm

That Acne coat is fantastic! You’ve definitely found it but don’t let that stop you from cruising haha

4. January 25, 2017 / 8:27 pm

You know I came here straight from your Instagram and thought I would discover your soulmate status Haha! But I am glad I did tho as this Acne coat is stunning! Love your style!

5. Martin (Ebylife)
    January 25, 2017 / 10:17 pm

Great article and you raise a very interesting point. When is enough enough? I personally don’t believe that there is the perfect anything. So to answer your question, go with what feels right at the time 😉

6. January 26, 2017 / 12:24 am

Reading your blog is truly delightful! I love the way you started out about your search for the “one” and yes , indeed, you certainly did find the most stunning camel coat ! Love this ACME classic and you wear it so well!

7. January 27, 2017 / 2:46 pm

It is the same with the dress. I am looking for the beautiful dress fast a year but i know i will definetely find one. Your coat is just perfect!

8. January 28, 2017 / 5:09 pm

i was very curious to check this blog. i got here lil late, but better late than never. i love this coat buddy and i know why you are in Love now.

9. January 29, 2017 / 2:01 pm

That coat is everything! Love the whole outfit especially ur sweater!

10. Lolita Mas
    January 30, 2017 / 10:07 am

I adore men camel coats, they always look very classy yet super trendy 🙌🏻

11. January 30, 2017 / 10:57 pm

1) Acne can do no wrong
    2) Camel coats are timeless
    3) they’re perfect together!

Love this loads!

12. Natalia
    January 31, 2017 / 10:16 am

Finally something new and classy! Love every piece of your look!

13. February 2, 2017 / 4:45 pm

oh I can totally feel you and
    that camel coat is stunning!

xx frank

14. February 3, 2017 / 11:15 pm

Oh Luke! You are a style icon!!
    I’m so inspired with your looks! And this coat is just… killing <3

15. February 6, 2017 / 1:46 am

Love the tones of these shots and the camel coat.

16. February 6, 2017 / 11:19 pm

Casual sporty and classy coat! I love this combo so much ! Perfection!

madcat.fashion